All dates and protocols are subject to change based on state, NCHSAA and local health guidelines.
- Seniors–July 27 9:00am to 11:00am
- Juniors— July 27 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Sophomores–July 28-29 11:30am to 1:30pm
- Freshman–July 28-29 8:30am to 10:30am
- Students will report to the health check-in tent for health screening
- Students’ physicals must have a date from March 2019-2020 (last years are still good extended for this school year)
- Must be registered in polkcounty.8to18.com with all forms completed or you will not be able to try out
- Must bring the front questionnaire on the physical forms signed and completed as well as the pre-screening form or you will not be able to try out. All forms can be found on the athletics page.
- Students with Asthma or Diabetes that put you in a high risk category will need a doctor’s notes allowing you to participate in athletics.
- Must bring water bottles. NO WATER WILL BE SUPPLIED.
Girls will be judged on Cheer, Jumps, and Dance Moves. Stunts may or may not be allowed based on the Phase for the NCHSAA. Results will be posted on PCHS Front Doors on July 30th, with Practice times listed for the first week. Practices will begin August 3rd and will be Monday through Friday, times and length of practice will depend on NCHSAA guidance. There are costs associated with cheerleading, please contact the PCHS athletics office for more information.